Extron SMP 351 Recording and Streaming System
The Extron SMP 351 is a powerful recording and streaming system for capturing and sharing audio and visual sources such as camera feeds, video signals, and presentations as recordings or for steaming live to remote participants.
The Extron SMP 351 accepts a wide range of video signals, and an optional 3G-SDI signals, that feeds to two-windows for processing the individual inputs. The Extron SMP 351 can record and stream simultaneously, making it an excellent option for learning, training, and presentation environments where remote audiences can share in a live experience and have access to the recording at a later stage if necessary.
In terms of education, this means learners can pay full attention in class, knowing that they will have the lesson recording to refer back to at a later stage.
As System Integrators, we like using the Extron SMP 351 as it comes with comprehensive configuration and control features, making it easier to operate and control. The Extron SMP 351 is available in a range of different configurations, making it a flexible solution that we can integrate into our designs that will be suited for each customer.
Great Features Included:
- Simultaneous recording and streaming
- MP4 media or M4A audio files are produced that can be used with most media players
- Two resolutions an bit rates can be streamed concurrently from the same source
- Internal solid-state storage
- Advanced DSP functionality for control over audio levels
- Popular 3rd party hosting services streaming protocols are supported via RTMP and RTMPS
- Flexible recording storage options available from onboard solid-state storage to external USB or a defined network storage directory
- Common video inputs available including optional 3G-SDI
- Digital I/O Control ports, Ethernet and RS-232 ports allow for easy integration with control systems and external devices used in audio visual environments
- Video compression is standards-based H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC
- Layout and streaming presets simplifies the operation of the system
Use Cases Include:
- Classroom / Lecture Hall environments for live remote learning and recording of lectures to be viewed at a later day again
- Conference / Meeting recordings to document discussions and decisions made
- Training recordings for on-demand access
- Streaming of general presentations to remote view